Polarize CrossFit’s 4th Annual
Intramural Open Team Competition
It’s that time of the year again PCFer’s where we put our fitness to the test with the CrossFit Open.We are doing it big this year with our 4th Annual PCF Intramural Open.
If you are new, I am sure you are wondering what does an Intramural Open mean? Internally we are going to be doing the 5 CrossFit Open workouts along with the whole CrossFit world. However the twist is each person who is committed to the Intramural Open will be on a team. Each team will have a captain and there will be points awarded each week.
Draft Party – Friday Feb 15th
We will be kicking off the Intramural Open with a good ol fashion PCF Party. It will be at the gym. Captains, Competitor Athletes and Coaches will be randomly selected out of a hat to keep teams fair. Each Team will be randomly assigned a Color, That will be your Team Color and Name – Your team is welcome to add a “tag line” to your Name.
Here you will find out what team you are on and meet fellow team members who you don’t already know. Each member will be assigned one of two colors. You will either be a member of the RED TEAM or the BLUE TEAM.
Party Friday Feb 15 @ 7pm Potluck & BYOB
Signup For a heat –
You will sign up for your heat each week in WodTogether. Heats will be 45 minutes.
You will need to arrive on time for your heat. If you arrive late, you may need to wait until there is an opening in another heat.
Friday Night Lights 5:30-8:30pm
Come in dressed in your team colors and show your team pride (this is very important when it comes to your team score)
Note* For this in-house competition, the main emphasis of points will be on participation- not performance! So if you’re worried about “not being ready” – don’t be! All that’s required is that you show up, do work, and cheer on your teammates! As you’ll see in the rules below, only the top 3 males and females in each division (RX and Scaled) will score additional points for their team! Our goal is to make this a fun experience for everyone, bring our community together while testing our hard work that we put in each week!
Each heat will judge the heat after them. The first heat will be judged by coaches and or other earlier arrived athletes.
Head Judge will go over standards for the movements prior to starting the event.
The Coach/Judge of the day will let you know what each allowable scaling option / movement substitution will be for the scaled divisions.
IF you are Registered Online for the OPEN, you MUST perform ALL movements as prescribed by CrossFitHQ AND be Judged by a certified judge that can validate your score.
Attendance– Points are awarded for each team player who completes the workout each week.
- 3 points for competing Head to Head with an Opposing team member on Thursday evening (7:30pm)
- 1 point for completing workout If workout is done twice, you will only receive credit for one. If you do it both Friday and the weekend 2 points will still be awarded for the Friday attendance.
- 1 point Awarded to males AND females in the top 3 in RX and top 3 in Scaled
- 5 points Awarded to the team that has the most pride, noise and of course PRESENCE each week
- 5 points Awarded to each athlete who officially registers for the Open on games.crossfit.com
- Each person/team member will get ONE allowance for late arrival or rescheduling of heat. After that, Late arrivals/rescheduling of heat will cost your team 3 points
- Winning Team – Team with most points at the end of the Intramural Open will receive a super awesome yet to be decided something! And of course Braggin Rights! WHO IS READY TO HAVE SOME FUN!!!! Let’s get maximum participation and have a great time!!!