Competitions – NO CURRENT COMPS… STAY TUNED!! (6/2018)
Polarize CrossFit’s 3rd Annual
Intramural Open Team Competition
It’s that time of the year again PCF’ers where we put our fitness to the test with the CrossFit Open.We are doing it big this year with our First Annual PCF Intramural Open.
If you are new, I am sure you are wondering what does an Intramural Open mean? Internally we are going to be doing the 5 CrossFit Open workouts along with the whole CrossFit world. However the twist is each person who is committed to the Intramural Open will be on a team. Each team will have a captain and there will be points awarded each week.
Draft Party – Friday Feb 12
We will be kicking off the Intramural Open with a good ol fashion PCF Party. It will be at the gym. Captains, Competitor Athletes and Coaches will be randomly selected out of a hat to keep teams fair Each Team will be randomly assigned a Color, That will be your Team Color and Name – Your team is welcome to add a “tag line” to your Name.
Here you will find out what team you are on and meet fellow team members who you don’t already know. You will be given a color badge to wear on your arm the night of the Draft.
Party Friday Feb 12 @ 7pm Potluck & BYOB
PCF will BBQ Burgers and Dogs (paleo of course)
Signup For a heat –
You will sign up for your heat each week in WodTogether. Heats will be 45 minutes.
You will need to arrive on time for your heat. If you arrive late, you may need to wait until there is an opening in another heat.
Friday Night Lights 5:30-8:30pm
Come in dressed in your team colors and show your team pride (this is very important when it comes to your team score)
Note* For this in-house competition, the main emphasis of points will be on participation- not performance! So if you’re worried about “not being ready” – don’t be! All that’s required is that you show up, do work, and cheer on your teammates! As you’ll see in the rules below, only the top 3 males and females in each division (RX and Scaled) will score additional points for their team! Our goal is to make this a fun experience for everyone, bring our community together while testing our hard work that we put in each week!
Sign Up (Deadline Tuesday Feb 9)
Sign up for the Intramural Open is FREE at the front desk. Just choose if you’ll be competing Scaled or Rx. This means when the Open workouts are released you will be following the Scaled or Rx. If you want to see how you stack up to others around the world, register for the Open here: games.crossfit.com. Officially reregistering for the Open is recommended because your score will always be available to look back on. Plus you get 5 points extra for doing so. Cost of registering for the Open is $20 which you pay online on the CrossFit website. The week before the Open begins (First workout announced Feb 25th) our 4 amazing captains, determined at the Draft party, will take turns selecting team members committed to the Intramural Open.
IF you would like to go into the POOL to be a TEAM CAPTAIN, please check that box on the sign up sheet.
- Complete the workout to the standards set at the beginning of the night
- Sign your score card – handed out day of the event.
- Can’t attend the testing day? Open Gyms Saturday morning (9AM) and Sunday’s are make-up days. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY – YOU MUST PRE-ENROLL ONLINE FOR A MAKE-UP TIME.
- Come dressed in your team colors (goes towards standings)
- Bring your Open Sheet and have the coach sign it that you completed the workout.
Each heat will judge the heat after them. The first heat will be judged by coaches and or other earlier arrived athletes.
Head Judge will go over standards for the movements prior to starting the event.
The Coach/Judge of the day will let you know what each allowable scaling option / movement substitution will be for the scaled divisions.
IF you are Registered Online for the OPEN, you MUST perform ALL movements as prescribed by CrossFitHQ AND be Judged by a certified judge that can validate your score.
Attendance– Points are awarded for each team player who completes the workout each week.
- 3 points for competing Head to Head with an Opposing team member on Thursday evening (7:30pm)
- 1 point for completing workout If workout is done twice, you will only receive credit for one. If you do it both Friday and the weekend 2 points will still be awarded for the Friday attendance.
- 1 point Awarded to males AND females in the top 3 in RX and top 3 in Scaled
- 5 points Awarded to the team that has the most pride, noise and of course PRESENCE each week
- 5 points Awarded to each athlete who officially registers for the Open on games.crossfit.com
- Each person/team member will get ONE allowance for late arrival or rescheduling of heat. After that, Late arrivals/rescheduling of heat will cost your team 3 points
- Winning Team – Team with most points at the end of the Intramural Open will receive a super awesome yet to be decided something! And of course Braggin Rights!WHO IS READY TO HAVE SOME FUN!!!! Let’s get maximum participation and have a great time!!!