PCF KIDS CLASS RULES
Make fitness fun for everyone is our number one goal. In order to achieve fun and fitness, we have a few rules for kids and parents/guardians to follow.
PCF Kids Rules for Kids
- “Freeze!” means stop right away, no matter what you are doing.
- No swinging from or playing on any equipment unless instructed.
- You must stay inside the activity area at all times.
- No running outside by yourself at any time during class.
- If you aren’t following the rules you will have to sit out of the game.
- Have fun!
PCF Kids Rules for Adults
- Adults are cheerleaders, not coaches. Positive cheering is encouraged; giving direction/cues is not.
- Absolutely No phone calls Please put your phone on vibrate before the start of class and take the calls outside if needed.
- Stay outside of designated activity areas.
- Be on time so your kids can get properly warmed up.
- Please make us aware of any injuries or changes in your child’s health that might affect them during CrossFit kids.
- Please help pick up the gym after class.
- Class is 30-45 minutes in length. Parents MUST remain on campus during class time. We are not a daycare.
- Children are not permitted in the main workout area without Coaches’ approval.
- Other Children (siblings) are NOT allowed out in the Activity area during class times. They must remain with the parent or in the child play area.
PCF Kids Rules for Kids
Attendance is the key to progress. Each athlete will be signed in by the parent. The athletes must come to class on time. Everyone should come at least 5-10 minutes early so that they may go to the bathroom, clean up, get changed, and be ready for class. Because of the fast nature of the class activities and the performance of athletic exercises, it is crucial they come on time so that they are not lost during the class and can participate in the warm up and stretching.
We encourage parents/guardians to sit in on and view their child’s class. We welcome cheering and encouragement during games, drills, etc. However, to promote a consistent learning environment we do ask parents to refrain from correcting their child during class. We do ask that you stay on the premises during the course of the class. You may wait in our lounge area or warm up area, or wait in your car. Class is only 30-45 minutes long. Safety and Security of the children is of utmost importance to us. If your child needs assistance in the restroom, a parent/guardian must be available to assist them. Our coaches WILL NOT assist ANY child in the restroom.
Pick up and Drop off
For the safety of your child, we ask that you come inside PCF training center to pick up and drop off your child for class. We are aware that this might be an inconvenience, but ALL children must be signed in and out by their parent. (or authorized guardian).
Athletes are responsible for coming to class in proper gym attire, including shorts, t-shirt and sneakers. Please also provide clothing that can be worn outside either for the cold or warm weather. PCF Teens: T-shirts must remain on at all times. Boys and Girls must wear T-Shirts, NO tank tops. Shorts must be at least 4” inches in the inseam. Athletes will not be allowed to participate in class if they are missing all or part of their gym attire or are wearing improper attire.
A positive attitude is a must for both kids and parents. PCFKids is all about teaching children to have fun moving their bodies and begin physically active. If you child has a difficult time during class please allow the coach to address the situation and deal with it accordingly.
It is documented that children are more attentive, focused and critical thinkers up to 20 minutes following vigorous activity. As a result the last 15 minutes of each PCFKids class we will do homework.